Global mobile ad platform shows 32% growth rate over H1 2015
Today Opera ASA, the parent company of Opera Mediaworks, reported its Q2 2016 financial earnings. Second quarter revenues for Opera Mediaworks, one of the largest mobile advertising and marketing platforms globally, totaled $114.4M. For the first half of 2016, the company saw +32% revenue growth, positioning it among an elite group of today’s mobile industry leaders.
Opera Mediaworks’ SDK continued to grow globally and maintained its position as the second-largest SDK footprint (only next to Google) in the top 1000 apps in the App Store and Google Play. The growing SDK penetration gives Opera a competitive advantage through the strong data signals that enable the company to deliver high-quality, better-targeted experiences in the most popular apps globally.
Opera Mediaworks’ platform now reaches 1.44 billion consumers globally compared to 1.1 billion last year, a growth of 31% year over year. This reach is essential for Fortune 1000 advertisers who require access to high-volume audiences in order to achieve their marketing outcomes.
Some of the primary factors that drove this rapid growth:
- Performance and Brand divisions both had their largest Q2 to date
- Performance advertising revenues jumped 33% due to continued international expansion and as demand for our proprietary in-app Instant-Play™ inventory increased.
- Brand advertising revenue grew 15% based on the increased demand for Instant-Play™ inventory, which had a sharp growth rate of 40% year over year. Brands demonstrated deep interest in brand performance tactics in the past quarter.
- Addition of high quality mobile publishers
- New publisher relationships in Q2 drove access and reach in the most trending, mobile-first apps worldwide.
- Opera Mediaworks continued to generate meaningful value and boost monetization levels for publishers in Q2. The number of publishers on the platform with more than a $1 million revenue run rate increased 113% year over year.
- Revenue shift toward video continues
- With every passing quarter, Opera Mediaworks revenues continue to shift toward its proprietary Instant-Play™ HD-quality video offering. In Q2, video comprised 67% of overall company revenues ($76.8M) – a growth rate of 23% year over year.
- Growth in programmatic sales
- Automated buying also delivered stellar results, as programmatic sales across both performance and brand advertising grew 86% year over year.
- The platform launched in Q2 and has DSPs with strong interest in the company’s in-app Instant-Play™ video product accessed through the Instant Play Exchange (IPX).
“As the mobile advertising industry evolves and matures, Opera Mediaworks continues as a leader of the category, delivering its third consecutive $100M+ quarter – through innovation and creativity that deliver real outcomes to our customers in high-quality, mobile-first apps,” said Will Kassoy, CEO, Opera Mediaworks.
More information on the Opera ASA earnings can be found here.
Latest posts by Falguni Bhuta (see all)
- Mobile apps capture consumer attention 37 minutes a day – up 20% from the beginning of 2016 - November 21, 2016
- Opera Mediaworks delivers its 4th consecutive $100M quarter Company shows 30% YTD growth fueled by Video, Performance & Programmatic - November 10, 2016
- Top takeaways for mobile marketers from the Fall Apple event - September 9, 2016